Friday, November 27, 2009

Problem with my form on my website.. Using frontpage, (see details please)?

I am having a problem with a form I made for my website. I want the answers POSTed to one location (this IS WORKING, the answers ARE posting there), but when they click submit, I want them to continue onto another page (let's call it PAGE 2) in my site.



(Right now, my form says POST, I changed it to GET, doesn't help.... )



I am using Frontpage to edit my site, they give me an option to put in a "confirmation" page. I put the "page 2" url as the confirmation page, thinking it would redirect the user to that page. It does not, it tries to direct them to some /_vti_bin/shtml.exe/(ex: Page 2). (The page actually says "Frontpage error, see servers system log", and I couldn't find anything in the system log to help me)



What is this _vti_bin/shtm1.exe/? I can't find it in my file directory.



ANSWER THIS:*****And can't I just direct them to Page 2, while posting the results to my other page?*******



Can you help?? Thank you!!!!



Problem with my form on my website.. Using frontpage, (see details please)?web browser



In the form tag, try this ...



action="_vti_bin/



shtml.exe/



nameofpage2.htm"



that should all be one line...these answer text fields seem to truncate code



Oh...you are trying this on your server..correct? And this server has the Front Page extensions installed? If not, it won't work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
c++