Friday, November 27, 2009

What is OsCommerce???

I've been trying to set up an online store for weeks now but everything's so confusing!



I just want a site with simple categories where my visitors can go and click on an item, read information on it and then click 'add to shopping cart'.



The host I'm with now is offering OsCommerce and from what I understand... it creates a whole new site which displays the listings which I have to redirect my visitors too... am I right in thinking this?



I want a nice flowing site with the same look from my homepage to my listings.



Can anyone give me some advice on how I can do this?



What is OsCommerce???microsoft sql server



go to http://www.oscommerce.com and all will be explained. ctc



What is OsCommerce???windows themes internet explorer



OS Commerce is an open-source shopping cart written in PHP and uses a MySQL database.



Got to the OS Commerce website and learn how to use it. I'm not sure about the latest version, but I think you can change colors and make minor layout changes through the control panel. Otherwise, you will have to go into the PHP code, and CSS code to make changes. That means you will have to know some XHTML and CSS.
OsCommerce will do what you want functionally, but you will have to work hard to get the look and feel of the rest of your site.



It creates a whole ecommerce site using php, you can have this in a subdirectory of your site.



Choose your payment service provider with care, the quality of integration with oscommerce varies significantly.



Consider a paid for set up like Actinic.
osCommerce can be either the entire site, or a part of the site which requires a separate login.



Install it into a subdirectory, and link to it from your existing site after you adjust the css and theme elements to match the rest of your site.



Of course, there are plenty of web designers and programmers available to help you out with the process if you should need that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
c++