Friday, November 27, 2009

How to host a website in my linux at home with a dynamtic IP?

I just build a http server with Linux (PClinuxOS) at home. My ISP provides dynamics which means my IP changes all the time. I have a router which I have a service (3322.org) that keeps telling my holycow.3322.org what is my IP. I am giong to buy a .com and redirect to my holycow.3322.org. Is there anyway not letting people seeing the holycow.3322.org/xxxx when they use browser to see it? I wonder.



How to host a website in my linux at home with a dynamtic IP?download ie



If you're asking how to restrict access to a subdirectory of your main website, there are many ways to do that...



Probably easiest is to deploy a portal website that will grant access only if someone logs into your website with the correct credentials. There are zillions of ready to deploy websites which will do that for you, one good choice is Drupal.



Other ways can include applying special file permissions, hiding the sub-directory, more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
c++